System Security Engineer – NH – 0884
The System Security Engineer is part of a team which is responsible for information security infrastructure.
This is a REMOTE position with occasional onsite visits required
System Security Engineer Responsibilities
- Assists in designing, implementing, and maintaining the information security infrastructure including securing hosts on the network, and installing, upgrading, and maintaining, firewalls, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, policy engines, and other network security devices.
- Works with vendors to research emerging technologies and diagnose and resolve information security problems.
- Programs various security applications, uses network monitoring software, conducts tuning, and manages virtual private network (VPN) services necessary for off-campus access to the network.
- Maintains security for internet links, works with other IT units, and staff in the integration, maintenance, and problem resolution of information security services and maintains documentation.
- Perform infrastructure security design, cloud security design and vulnerability assessments
- Install and maintain security products
- Monitor system events, logfiles, and alerts
- Harden systems for security resilience and research threats and attack techniques
- Develop automated procedures and processes
- Conduct and report on new security solution impact to the business
- This role is also one in which coaching/mentoring of junior information security personnel is essential. Additionally, this individual will act as an InfoSec advisor to the rest of the IT team and the organization as a whole.
System Security Engineer Requirements
- 3+ years experience working as a System Security Engineer or equivalent information security position
- Proven experience in sourcing, building, and improving security systems, including firewalls٫ intrusion detection systems٫ anti-virus software٫ authentication systems٫ log management٫ content filtering٫ etc.
- Adept with network security and networking technologies and with system٫ security٫ and network monitoring tools.
- In-depth knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Deep familiarity of the latest security principles٫ techniques٫ and protocols.
- Understanding of Web related technologies٫ including applications٫ services٫
- Service Oriented Architectures٫ networking protocols and so on.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Security or Business Administration
At least two of any of the following certifications
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA PenTest+
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)