Sr Cost Analyst – NH – 0890
This newly created position, Sr Cost Analyst, will be a key member of the Cost team and support the broader organization through identifying cost improvement opportunities with accurate cost reporting based on analysis focusing on new and established products, while working closely with the Engineering, Operations and Research and Development teams.
Much of this work can be done remotely but there will be periods of time when an on-site presence will be required.
Cost Analyst Responsibilities:
- Support Product costing analysis as well as participate in our monthly reporting, budgeting, and forecasting cadence
- Identify and prepare internal targeted cost analysis to support continuous improvement actions to drive higher margins across all product lines
- Maintain BOM’s/Routings while working with the New Product teams to ensure on-going accuracy and reasonableness based on available manufacturing processes
- Perform variance analysis from First Article thru maturity in standard production, across multiple manufacturing plants, for all new product introductions
- Provide guidance to new product teams, based on gained working knowledge of company processes, to set up new BOM/Routings for Business Case presentations to Executive Management
- Analyze labor efficiency across multiple plants, validate actuals and propose needed updates for new product and standard products for accurate standards and potential cost reductions across product lines
- Support Costing leadership in coordinating budgeting / forecasting of Standards for all new products as required
- Support various ad hoc requests from the finance leadership team
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field related to the Job Duties; Finance /Accounting /Economics preferred
- 7+ years in a manufacturing industry at a matrixed (Multiple Business Units/Plants) product-driven company. Strong plant/operational accounting experience preferred
- Government costing background strongly preferred
- Prior experience and demonstrated strong user skills with ERP systems such as Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, Infor, etc.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong costing knowledge in both an actual and standard cost (Plant Controlling) environment along with the understanding of machining processes and how they drive cost
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact directly with senior management as well as other functional and technical areas (Product/Operations Management)
- Strong in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on with the willingness to dig into detail to understand root causes and solve problems
- Self-driven, intellectually curious individual with a high sense of personal ownership
- High energy level and output-focused, with a knack for finding the needle in the haystack
Please contact email@example.com,%firstname.lastname@example.org