Sales Engineer – 0901
Our Massachusetts client is looking for a Sales Engineer to generate new client accounts that meet the objective for long term sales relationships and to drive the development of these “Core Accounts” through repeated project successes, often starting with small project opportunities and typically deepen into larger projects.
While location in New England is ideal, a remote situation with good travel options available will be considered.
Performance goals and objectives
- Build strong customer relationships through responsiveness and consistent commitments
- Balance the success of the company with the success of our client in every business opportunity providing a Win-Win approach to all projects
- Improve penetration in existing accounts by offering material handling solutions to operational problems related to storage, processing, conveying, and safety.
- Build a strong and consistent sales pipeline through effective prospecting and relationship building in key or strategic accounts
- Establish a strong base of networking contacts and referral sources to maintain a good “market awareness”
- Stay abreast of industry technologies and innovations to present yourself as a valuable and knowledgeable trusted advisor for our clients
- Consistently meet quarterly and annual sales revenue goals while maintaining company standard pricing for profitability
- Effectively collaborate with the sales and engineering departments to provide superior and cost efficient solutions
Essential Duties and Behaviors:
- Spend at least 50% of time prospecting for new accounts through a mix of leads/cold calling
- Make a minimum of 5 face-to-face visits and 30-40 phone calls per week across base. Most travel is limited to 4-hours one-way, but some overnight visitation will be required.
- Invest time to identify problem areas in the operations of strategic and target accounts yielding the development of new projects
- With the assistance of the Technical Sales Manager and Business Development Team, continuously identify strategically significant accounts by profiling for “Ideal Fit” customers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships through consistent presence in account and timely response to customer requests
- Make effort to penetrate account organizational structures and align all decision makers
- Consistently use CRM to maintain accurate account profiles, account/sales activity
- Document and summarize all information to Project Manager upon opening an engagement
Essential Attributes and Characteristics:
- Driven to provide superior, timely customer service
- Committed to spending at least 50% of the time looking for new prospects
- Likeable demeanor and genuinely enjoys meeting and interacting with a variety of personality types in person, at events, remotely, and on the telephone
- Strong desire to learn new strategies and techniques
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English, foreign languages are a plus, notably Spanish and Portuguese
- Able to have high level discussions with business leaders about business issues such as ROI, profitability, long term growth plans, etc.
- Able to have technical conversations with line level managers and supervisors about specifics of a given material handling solution
- Good work ethic with a strong sense of collaboration; team selling mentality
- Good sense of fairness and business ethics
- Ability to prepare sales presentations, marketing materials, and proposals
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university
- Minimum three (3) years sales experience with industrial equipment/services
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Team selling mentality
- Good prospecting and networking skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and passport, or ability to obtain one by start of employment
- 5+ years of industrial products and services sales experience
- Proficiency in CRM
- Basic usage skills with AutoCAD
Please contact Justin: email@example.com