Payroll Manager – NH – 0891
The Payroll Manager reports to the Controller and is an integral member of the Finance Department working closely with HR. The primary focus is payroll processing and compliance. The Payroll Manager will collect, and complete data entry, process payroll, administer the time and attendance system, assist with 401(k) administration, and audit HR data, generate various payroll and headcount reporting.
Much of this work can be done remotely but there will be periods of time when an on-site presence will be required.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages multi-state, bi-weekly payroll processing for 2,200+ employees.
- Processes/reports weekly labor hours for approximately 200 temps.
- Updates and audits 401(k) elections and uploads to appropriate selection.
- Processes employer H.S.A. contributions.
- Manages timesheets, associated pay rules, and work schedule changes, working with IT to ensure processing is correct.
- Records taxable fringe benefits and processes deferred compensation.
- Creates payroll journal entries and monthly accrual journals and furnishes monthly payroll accrual account reconciliations.
- Manages quarterly filings for approximately 40 states and Federal 941’s, and annual payroll tax filings (including timely Forms W-2), wage garnishments, monthly NH labor reporting, and provides worker’s compensation reporting and audit requests.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration; Accounting Degree strongly preferred.
- Solid skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system; experience with ADP and UKG/Kronos is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast-paced environment while meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Possession of strong customer services skills with a customer-focused work ethic with the ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Results-driven individual who has demonstrated the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and the capacity to complete tasks on time.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org,%email@example.com