The State of Maine needs an IT Technical Support Specialist for a LONG-TERM ON-SITE contract in Augusta ME.
The IT Technical Support Specialist needs to be knowledgeable on the usage and support of a collection of personal computer platforms (a range of laptops and desktops, both Windows and Mac) or technical architectures, and products that run on those platforms.
- Perform a full range of computer administration functions with minimal direction and/or technical support.
- Serve as the point of integration between the business functions of the department and the technology requirements of the department.
- Install and configure system hardware, software, printers and verify network connectivity. Perform advanced troubleshooting and vendor technical liaison functions.
- Design and implement trouble shooting and correction plans, develop and coordinate user training programs and documenting all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Technical Architecture Specialist, Functional Architects, Programmers and vendors to coordinate and enhance the use of the platform and facilitate migration to new versions of the platform.
1-3 years of relevant experience, including:
- Customer Service experience
- Hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Understand the installation of software patches and upgrades.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to effectively communicate with customers of varied technical understanding.
- Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
- Experience with remote tools such as Splashtop /TeamViewer.
- Clean, professional appearance as in-person support is required.
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org