Our NH Seacoast client is looking for an IT Support Specialist to focus on support of IT systems and applications related to manufacturing and design, including Industrial Internet of Things systems (IIoT), and to provide general IT support initiatives as needed. Candidates must be self-starters with critical thinking skills and the ability to both prioritize and multi-task.
This role is open to US Citizens and GC Holders only. An onsite presence will be required for this role. Not open to C2C situations.
IT Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Support internal customers and company mission related to manufacturing technologies.
- Address IT issues related to Shop Floor, Quality and Engineering technologies; troubleshoot and resolve as appropriate, including documenting investigative and corrective steps taken.
- Train other IT support resources on supporting the manufacturing environment.
- Support and maintain computer systems and software which interact with shop floor equipment, such as on premise and cloud IIOT platforms, quality and R&D systems, equipment configuration software, CAD/CAM, statistical process control, simulation and digital twin platforms, technical writing software, and labelling products.
- Support networking infrastructure and ensure uptime and reliability, including participating in designing, implementing and supporting network access methods for shop floor equipment.
- Repair and terminate Ethernet cables; coordinate with external vendors for installation of new cables.
- Maintain and update back-end services for supported applications.
- Maintain install points for front-end applications including building scripts and/or SCCM deployment packages.
- Coordinate with Facilities team to support CNC machine installation, removal, and relocation activities.
IT Support Specialist Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Windows-based PCs and specialty software
- Exceptional understanding of TCP/IP networking (including DHCP, DNS, ARP, etc.)
- Experience with writing group policies/automation scripts
- Critical thinking, ability to work independently and report on progress
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills including ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license in order to provide on-call emergency support coverage as needed.
- Ability to work in shop floor conditions including standing/bending for extended periods in noisy environments and local (same-day) travel to multiple locations in the area.
- Linux OS, SCCM, TCP/IP and IPv4 networking
- MS-SQL database management
- IIoT network protocols (FOCAS I/II, MTConnect, Modbus RTU)
- Industrial vending solutions, especially Rockwell and OPC-UA data acquisition technologies.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org