The IoT Security Engineer is an important role reporting to the IoT Architect and will be a cloud security subject matter expert responsible for the security architecture for connected products and will translate key strategic objectives into actionable and governable standards.
This is a new salaried position, not open for C2C or visa-sponsorship situations.
IoT Security Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Providing security requirements, design and architecture patterns including processes and tools to protect data across all platforms.
- Providing guidance and recommendations related to big data protection security architecture and lead proof of concept projects.
- Conducting architectural risk and impact assessments on new/existing applications/data stores.
- Researching and evaluating proposed data protection and business solutions for adherence to documented company standards, policies and regulatory responsibilities.
- Determining data protection and database-centric security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and identifying integration issues.
- Planning security systems by evaluating data protection technologies; developing requirements for all areas related to data protection and database security.
- Acting as the subject matter expert with regards to strengths and weaknesses of the data protection systems and being able to recommend improvements to both software and embedded hardware.
- Assessing emerging data protection technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
IoT Security Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years of systems architecture experience and IT Platform implementation
- 3+ years in system security administration, controls or information management experience and/or Security Engineer/Architect/Consultant
- In-depth understanding of IoT Azure solutions and security best practices/governance
- Controlling and coordinating the explosion data from the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Keeping data secure with encryption, KMS, HSM, IAM, Cognito, STS and more
- Ability to engineer solutions in the full-stack.
- Experience with core data protection technologies and relational database management platforms
- Experience in defining and implementing data protection/database security and solid understanding of best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, result-oriented and hands-on attitude
- Experience with understanding customer and market needs
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research
- CISSP, CREA, CEH, CPT, CEPT, CWAPT or other relevant security certifications and knowledge of ISO and NIST security standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
Please contact Justin: email@example.com