Information Security Specialist
The Information Security Specialist will help define and implement the security controls to strengthen the security posture of the State of Maine. The candidate must have strong knowledge about how the security tools fits into the broader security program.
This position will work directly with the Chief Information Security Officer, advise the CISO on policies, and work independently on security assignments. This position will work with other information security resources and managers focusing on networks and devices to address security architecture, monitoring and responding to incidents, application testing, data collection, and projects.
This is a long-term project, initially remote but becoming onsite in Augusta ME once the pandemic is resolved. This assignment is NOT open for C2C situations.
- Expertise understanding security architecture and design based on industry best practices
- Expertise with security tools and all their features in order to effectively use the tools to monitor and contain security threats.
- Expertise in building and analyzing security controls and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in establishing rules/policies.
- Assist in implementing security solutions within the State of Maine infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively work with members on the security team to document polices and processes, and provide analysis reports.
- Ability to lead and assist in security incidents to recognize and contain common attack vectors such as, recon scans, botnet, malware, command and control activity (C2), worms, trojans, and viruses.
- Ability to use correlation tools such as log aggregation tools or an SIEM for analysis
- Strong security knowledge in designing, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, servers, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in risk management and project management practices.
- Previous government experience and interacting with multiple business lines and technologies to address desired outcomes.
Please contact email@example.com