AS400 RPG Developer Analyst
We have a new exciting temp-to-perm opportunity for an experienced IBM iSeries / AS400 RPG Developer/Analyst. This individual will be responsible for supporting existing systems, engaging in new development for projects and contribute to future design plans.
Currently the position is all remote; in the future it will require the ability to come into the office as needed, approximately every two weeks.
Developer Analyst Responsibilities:
- Support existing systems that manage programs, processes and data involved in the manufacturing process using AS400 RPG
- Work with the development team to support and develop programs, interfaces, reports, data load, etc. as identified by the business team’s needs.
- Quickly analyze and debug issues
- Develop test scenarios and build out test cases to provide a quality deliverable, both unit and system testing levels
- Work with both the end user community as well as the business teams to meet goals and deadlines for projects and support work
- 5+ years of professional development experience in support, design and programming with AS400 RPG
- Strong understanding of native RPG
- Experience with iSeries M4 very helpful
- Experience with SQL, Queries, Web Services
- Experience with EDI
- Experience with Showcase Report Writer preferred
- Demonstrated ability to properly document and maintain documentation for software changes according to coding standards
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to identify problems and deliver efficient and effective solutions even beyond own tasks
- Be a self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision and understand shifting priorities while still providing overall expected deliverables
Once the current pandemic situation has resolved, all work must be performed on-site; candidates must be US citizens or Permanent Residents.
For more information please contact Marge: firstname.lastname@example.org